- Collection and use of personal information
1.1 What is personal information?
“Personal information” is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion.
“Sensitive information” is a special category of personal information. Sensitive information includes health information and information about an individual’s race or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional or trade association, membership of a trade union, religious or philosophical beliefs and sexual orientation or practices.
1.2 How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- from you directly (such as when you interact with us in writing, electronically or by telephone); and
- when you communicate with us through our website.
1.3 What personal information we collect and hold and the purposes of collection, use and disclosure of personal information
The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you depends on the nature of your dealings with us and whether we collect the information from you as a customer, supplier, job applicant, contractor or in some other capacity.
The kinds of personal information we may collect, and the purposes for which we may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are set out in the table below.
|Personal Information||Purpose of Use|
|Customer’s name, company name, position, department, telephone number, email address, any other information displayed on business cards, etc.||(a) to commence business with you
(b) to provide production and sales support
(c) to provide follow-up services
(d) to conduct customer management
(e) to perform financial controls
(f) for product sales
(g) for procurement and payment
(h) for tax-related procedures
(i) for contract and dispute management
(j) to provide promotional information of our products and services
|Personal information contained in customer inquiries||(a) to communicate and respond your inquiries|
|Event visitor’s name, company name, position, department, telephone number, email address, and any other personal information submitted via registration or displayed on business cards, etc.||(a) to contact and provide information about Company events
(b) to obtain feedback or questionnaires regarding Company events
(c) to provide promotional information of our products and services
|Applicant’s name, school name or company name, employment history/work experience, academic background, address, telephone number, email address, family structure, previous and expected salary, health information, and other information shown in CVs||(a) to assess and evaluate suitability for employment in any current or future position in the Company
(b) to verify identity, personal information, and other provided information
(c) to enter into an employment contract with you
If you are or become an employee, the handling of your personal information may be exempt from the Australian Privacy Principles if it is directly related to your current or former employment relationship with us.
If you deal with us in a capacity not included in the table above, we will collect the personal information you choose to provide to us. Your personal information is not used or disclosed for other purposes unless we obtain your consent, or unless otherwise required or permitted by law.
If we are unable to collect personal information from or about you, we may not be able to respond to your requests or enquiries or engage in certain other dealings with you.
1.4 Sensitive information
- Disclosure of personal information
2.1 Disclosure to third parties
In the course of conducting our business, we may share personal information with third parties for the purposes outlined above and/or as required or permitted by law. These third parties may include:
- Our affiliated companies: In connection with one or more of the purposes described above, we may disclose your personal information to SCREEN Holdings Co., Ltd. and its affiliates. You can find the list of all such affiliates here.
- Our service providers: We work with reputable partners, dealers, service providers, and agencies, including customer relationship management platforms that process your personal information on our behalf. This includes the disclosure of personal information of potential corporate customers, including the personal information of corporate customers’ employees, to our dealers.
- If we are reorganized or sold to another organization: We may disclose to the purchaser personal information in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of the site to which the information relates.
- Courts, tribunals, law enforcement, or regulatory bodies: We may disclose personal information in order to respond to requests of courts, tribunals, government, or law enforcement agencies or where it is necessary or prudent to comply with applicable laws, court or tribunal orders or rules, or government regulations.
- Audits: Disclosure of personal information may be needed for data privacy or security audits and/or to investigate or respond to a complaint or security threat.
- If you are a job applicant: We may provide your personal information to referees and recruiters whose details you have provided to us.
2.2 Disclosure to overseas recipients
- Your rights
3.1 Access to and correction of your personal information
If we hold personal information about you, you may have the following rights with respect to your personal information under the applicable laws:
- Right to access your personal information; and
- Right to request us to correct your personal information.
You can make a request or exercise these rights by contacting us at [Managing Director, +61290163400, 16a/2 Eden Park Drive Macquarie Park NSW 2113, email@example.com]. We will make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with the applicable laws. We will generally provide you with access to your personal information (subject to some exceptions permitted by law) but may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to you.
The Company will respond to you in writing within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with the Company’s response to your complaint or feel that the Company has not responded to your requests in accordance with the applicable laws or has handled your personal information unlawfully, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or you may make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oiac.gov.au).
- Data security and integrity
We generally hold personal information in computer systems, including computer systems operated for us by our service providers.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes taking appropriate security measures to protect electronic materials, and requiring our service providers to do so.
We have reasonable security policies and procedures in place and we take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This includes taking appropriate security measures to protect electronic materials, and requiring our service providers to do so. Despite our best efforts, however, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. To the best of our ability, access to your personal information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to your personal information are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and relevant. You can help us by letting us know (using the contact details provided in section 3 above) about any changes to your personal information, such as your address and phone number.
- Policy questions and enforcement
[ Managing Director, +61290163400, 16a/2 Eden Park Drive Macquarie Park NSW 2113, firstname.lastname@example.org]