- What Personal Information does Screen GP Australia Collect?
The types of ‘personal information’ (as defined under the Act) we collect depends on your dealings with us. We primarily collect and store personal information when you provide it to us voluntarily – for example, this may be when you supply information directly to us when enquiring about, and/or arranging for, the purchase of goods and/or services from us, or indirectly when a third party, such as contractors, suppliers or finance companies, provide information to us about you. We may also collect personal information from you in a variety of other situations, including (but not limited to) when:
- you attend a meeting with us or deal with us via email and/or over the telephone;
- you or we complete paperwork required by us in relation to an actual or proposed transaction with you, including through the completion of forms when applying for a credit account application and/or making payment arrangements with us;
- you process credit card transactions through us;
- you interact with us in circumstances where we may need to perform a credit worthiness analysis on you;
- you sign up to receive updates through our website; or
- you use any features on our website.
The types of personal information we collect may include (but are not limited to):
- your contact details such as your name, email address, telephone numbers, your business and home addresses and any other such information that would allow us to contact or identify you;
- your company or business name, details of associated or related entities and other information related to your business;
- your business affiliations such as trade references;
- details of your accounts with financial institutions and other credit or financial information;
- information relating to the goods or services used by you;
- information relating to your use of our goods and services, including the date and time of such use, and the electronic device(s) used in conjunction with our goods or services;
- information and/or data relating to the geographical location of personnel or electronic devices;
- any information of that kind that you otherwise provide to us in your dealings with us; and
- a record of your IP address or other similar electronic computer data (e.g. metadata).
- Why Screen GP Australia Collects, Holds, Uses and Discloses Personal Information
We collect personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- so that we can provide our goods and services to you;
- so that you are able to use our goods and receive the benefit of our services;
- to monitor the performance of our goods and services;
- to monitor the performance of our staff and consultants;
- to help us develop, enhance and refine our goods and services;
- for research, marketing and analysis;
- for administrative and internal business operations;
- to identify or verify you as a Customer;
- to verify your financial details and credit worthiness, including establishing a credit account with us;
- to process payments and other transactions with us;
- to deliver notifications or other content to customers;
- to provide relevant information to third parties as requested or permitted by you or where this is otherwise required to enable us to provide our goods and services to you;
- to track and monitor your acquisition and/or use of our goods and services, including our website; and
- for any other purposes as required or permitted by law.
We may also collect other information about you as part of your use of our goods and services that cannot reasonably be used to identify or contact you, such as usage statistics (“Non-Identifying Information”).
Certain Non-Identifying Information would be considered a part of your personal information if it were combined with other identifiers (for example, print logs or job requests or billing information) in a way that might enable you to be personally identified or contacted. However, the same information is considered Non-Identifying Information when it is taken on its own or combined only with other Non-Identifying Information.
We may combine your personal information with Non-Identifying Information and aggregate it with other information to enable you to use our goods and/or services, to provide you with a better experience, to improve the quality and value of the goods and/or services and/or to analyse, monitor and/or understand how the goods and/or services are being used. We may also use the combined information without aggregating it to serve your specific requirements, for instance, to deliver a product or service to you according to your preferences or directions.
We may share with third parties aggregated information that does not include personal Information and we may otherwise disclose Non-Identifying Information to third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other purposes. Any aggregated information or Non-Identifying Information shared in these contexts will not contain your personal information.
- Will your Personal Information be given to anyone else?
We do not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to third parties. Personal information may, however, be disclosed to third parties in connection with our normal use of such information (as described in Section 3 above), including (but not limited to) the circumstances described below:
- we may disclose your personal information to our third party contractors, suppliers and agents who assist us in the provision of our goods and services, including disclosures for the purpose of providing a trade reference for you and/or on your behalf;
- we may disclose your personal information to financial institutions, such as banks and credit agencies, for various purposes relating to the operation of our business or the provision of goods and services to you, such as to establish your credit worthiness or to process or recover a payment;
- we may disclose some of your personal information to external marketing or media agencies in connection with our marketing and promotional activities;
- we may be required to disclose your personal information in order to meet our legal or statutory obligations; and
- we may need to disclose your personal information to external service providers in connection with the preparation of our accounts or for auditing purposes and/or in connection with any commercial transaction for due diligence or auditing purposes.
- Other Privacy Issues
We also draw your attention to certain other matters regarding the use of personal information by us:
- Direct Marketing. We may use (or authorise a third party on our behalf to use) your personal information to contact you for marketing and promotional purposes, including via printed and electronic media. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications (if any), or contact us using the contact details below. If you make such a request, we will respond as soon as practicable and will make all reasonable efforts to promptly change your preferences to opt out of receiving future direct marketing communications.
- Job Data. The nature of our goods and services is such that we may inadvertently collect a variety of information, including personal information as described above, as part of a technical process incidental to the normal use of our goods or services by you (e.g. documents that you provide to us in connection with our services, which we commonly refer to as “job data”, may contain personal information which is temporarily collected by us for the purpose of providing you the services that you have requested). In every such case, we will not use your personal information collected in this way without your permission other than for the purpose of providing our goods and services to you.
- Usage Data. When you use our goods and services, we may automatically record information regarding your use (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information regarding how you use our goods and services and other statistics. We use this information to monitor and analyse your use of our goods and services for a variety of purposes, including technical administration, to develop new products and services and to better tailor our services to our customers’ needs. We may also share your Usage Data with our affiliates and associated entities or any third parties that assist us in the provision of our goods and services.
- Cookies. Aside from Usage Data mentioned above, our website may use “cookies” to collect online usage data. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to a computer’s hard disk. There are session cookies and persistent cookies – we may use both so we can better understand how you interact with us and to monitor web traffic routing. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies, however you can instruct your browser (via the options section) to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit, however, doing so may mean you will not be able to use all or parts of our website.
- Google Analytics. SCREEN uses Google Analytics. More information about how Google Analytics is used by SCREEN can be found here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Storage and Security of Information
We use a strict management system to hold and store personal information. We generally store personal information by two methods: (a) storage on our own internal computer network which is protected by a network firewall; and/or (b) storage in the form of hard-copy files (usually for archive purposes) on our premises.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure as required under the Act. We care about the security of your information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information collected and maintained from misuse or loss. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information provided to us or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, used, altered, or destroyed by unauthorised persons. We do not warrant that any of our systems will be without error or interruption, or will be free from unauthorised or fraudulent third party access as a result of the nature of electronic and/or digital transmissions.
- Accessing, Changing and Deleting your Personal Information
You may contact us (see “Contact” section below) if you require particular access to any of your personal information that we possess. However, we may charge a fee for providing you with that information, in which case we will inform you of the fee in advance of providing you that information.
You may also request us to update, correct or amend personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date (to make a request, please see “Contact” section below). We will use our reasonable endeavours to respond to your request after receipt of your request.
We may retain a copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Cross-Border Disclosure
- Complaints relating to Personal Information
If you are concerned with how we collect, store, use or disclose your personal information, you may make enquiries or submit a formal complaint to us (see “Contact” section below). We will use reasonable endeavours to address your enquiry or complaint and will endeavour to respond to you after receipt of your initial enquiry or complaint.
If you feel your enquiry or complaint has not been adequately addressed by us, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. However, we request that you notify us beforehand as to why you feel we have not adequately addressed your enquiry or complaint and allow us an opportunity to respond to you. If you would like any further information about your rights to privacy, please contact or visit the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.